Competency: Purchasing Management
Are you a purchasing manager who worries about balancing the many demands of your leadership role?
You're not alone. Today's companies are expecting more than ever from their purchasing managers. And today's environment
is confronting purchasing managers with more challenges than ever.
Between being accountable for measurable results, pleasing internal customers, and ensuring that your purchasing staff
improves its productivity, you may feel it is impossible to do a good job. After all, it isn't easy keeping up with evolving best practices,
new technologies, and changing markets.
But fortunately, there is a way for you to learn how to meet and exceed today's high standards
for purchasing management excellence. Our highly personal and interactive online course "Expert Purchasing Management"
will teach you everything you need to know to lead your purchasing department to new levels of success!
You will learn:
- How to report purchasing performance metrics to senior management
- 4 things about the purchasing environment that you need to assess right away
- How to develop a purchasing customer service survey
- Tips for improving purchasing staff productivity
- The secrets for involving internal customers and establishing a successful Purchasing Advisory Board
- The most important things to consider when naming your purchasing department
- 5 common purchasing department structures and their advantages and disadvantages
- How to prioritize commodities that the purchasing department will source
- 4 indicators that you should look for to identify non-traditional areas for potential savings
- 3 different ways to assign buyer responsibilities
- The types of various purchasing profit center models and the dangers of choosing the wrong one
- How to staff your purchasing department with the right people
- How to create a Purchasing Dashboard
- How to set the perfect purchasing department goals
- How to develop purchasing policies and procedures
- How to establish a standard sourcing process
- Strategies for using templates to improve productivity and reduce problems
- Best practices for making recommendations to senior management
- 3 ways to reduce the tactical purchasing activity under your management
- 5 steps to take to ensure that you don't do buyers' work
- How to improve compliance with purchasing initiatives
- The essentials of launching a purchasing department Web site
- How to assess the available purchasing technology by watching video demonstrations of leading software from Ariba and Zycus
- 10 keys to eSourcing success
How this online course works
- You can start this on-demand course any time after you enroll; there's no pre-scheduled start date!
- You progress through the course at your own pace, accessing easy-to-understand reading material, exciting exercises, optional multimedia, quizzes, and even a fun mid-term game!
- You will have access to a friendly, expert instructor for any questions you may have!
- You will learn best practices and processes designed so that you can apply your new skills in the real world!
To learn more about how full-length online procurement courses|
from the Next Level Purchasing Association work, click on the short video below.
What are others saying about this course?
||"I believe Next Level Purchasing's new course Expert Purchasing Management is worth your time and dollars. It provides methodologies to gather intelligence on organizational perceptions, to determine how purchasing is measured and how well it is performing, to determine current staff skill levels and gaps between what the skill levels should be, and to improve morale."
Michael G. Lamoureux, BSc, MSc, PhD
Editor, The Sourcing Innovation Blog
President, ToP KaTS Consulting
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Ready to enroll?
but have a few questions?
If you enroll in "Expert Purchasing Management" on or before April 30, 2015, you will receive all of these bonuses:
- Certificate of Completion! This purchasing certificate is sent to you by postal mail and is suitable for framing.
- FREE printer-friendly, PDF version of the class material
- FREE Purchasing Performance Measurement spreadsheet template
|For immediate assistance, call our office at |
+1 (412) 294-1990 and speak with a member of the NLPA Team, Monday through Friday from 8AM to 5PM Eastern US Time.
|Click on the button below to submit your questions electronically and a member of the NLPA team will contact you within one business day.