Procurement Training for Beginners
New to Procurement? These courses will teach you exactly what you need to know!
Are you new to the procurement profession and looking to quickly get up to speed on what you need to know to be successful? You’ve come to the right place!
There are certain essential procurement skills necessary for everyone employed in a procurement role. Those skills, also known as competencies, can be found in the Strategic Procurement & Supply Management Body of Knowledge™ (SPSM-BOK™). The SPSM-BOK™ is a collection of authoritative educational materials and documented best practices. Together, these materials represent the core skills and knowledge required within the procurement profession. This body of knowledge is designed to help procurement professionals like you to overcome the majority of challenges you will face and to succeed in practically all aspects of your work.
The first level of the SPSM-BOK™ contains six (6) Essential Procurement Skills. They are:
- Tactical Purchasing – Course: Mastering Purchasing Fundamentals
- Analysis & Spreadsheets – Course: Microsoft Excel for Purchasing Professionals
- Contract Law – Course: Supply Management Contract Writing
- Negotiation – Course: Powerful Negotiation for Successful Buying
- Purchasing Best Practices – Course: 14 Purchasing Best Practices
- Strategic Sourcing – Course: Savings Strategy Development
You may click on any of the links above to learn more about what is covered in each procurement training course.
To validate your mastery of these Essential Procurement Skills, you can earn the Senior Professional in Supply Management® (SPSM®) Certification.
To learn more about the SPSM® Certification, download a free copy of the SPSM® Certification Information Guide. Fill out the form below and a copy will be sent to the email address you provide.