Though we tweak our purchasing class material here and there throughout the year, we do a comprehensive review and update annually. And this year was our biggest update ever!
Our attitude is this: the purchasing profession evolves continuously, therefore, so should the education. In our minds, the days of the same old text books and same old study guide being used for years are over.
And did our price go up?
Not at all!
More value, same price.
Here are some highlights from our update…
Mastering Purchasing Fundamentals
- Expanded on the distinction between purchasing and supply chain management
- Enhanced the explanations of inventory management principles
- Expanded the description of functional specifications
- Added more information to assist in requisition routing decisions
- Updated our descriptions of online marketplaces to reflect recent changes in the market
- Expanded the material designed to help purchasers decide whether to use competitive bidding, negotiation, or both
- Expanded our explanation of how to factor the time value of money into total cost of ownership equations
- Provided some new rules of thumb for deciding which type of analysis method to use
- Added new material instructing how to optimize purchase order descriptions
- Added a ton of new material on shipping terms, including expanded explanations of INCOTERMS
- Added tips for eliminating errors common to the placement of phone orders
- Added best practices for changing open orders
Microsoft Excel For Purchasing Professionals
- Added an entire new lesson on “Drilling Down Into Complex Spreadsheets”
- Covered importing data from text files or comma-separated-values files (such as those exported from ERP systems)
- Covered filtering
- Covered Conditional Formatting
- Covered VLOOKUP
- Covered data validation
14 Purchasing Best Practices
- Added references to price indexes in other countries
- Expanded our section on risk management, including step-by-step instructions on conducting and documenting a risk assessment
- Improved our ethics policy references
- Expanded our coverage of SaaS software
We are committed to bringing you the most up-to-date purchasing education possible.
To Your Career,
Charles Dominick, SPSM
President & Chief Procurement Officer
Next Level Purchasing, Inc.
Struggling To Have A Rewarding Purchasing Career?
Earn Your SPSM® Certification Online At