In the spirit of the 2008 Olympic Games Next Level Purchasing presents the “Purch-lympics.” In a similar fashion to the Olympic Games bringing together athletes in an international competition, the Purch-lympics will bring together purchasing professionals from around the globe in a contest of purchasing skill.
What can you win? While there are no actual medals being awarded for the Purch-lympics, there are three prizes:
– The “Gold Medal” – A full scholarship to earn the SPSM® Certification* (valued at $1,149) awarded to the finalist with the highest number of votes.
– The “Silver Medal” – Enrollment in one of Next Level Purchasing’s full-length supply chain online classes (valued at $209) awarded to the finalist with the second highest number of votes.
– The “Bronze Medal” – The “Supply Management in The Real World” eBook (valued at $79) awarded to the finalist with the third highest number of votes.
How can you enter? You will need to submit the following to be eligible for the Purch-lympics competition. Twenty-five (25)** responses that meet the following criteria and are free of major grammatical and spelling errors, will be selected as semi-finalists.
– Write a 300-350 word essay describing a purchasing/procurement problem that you have encountered, what action(s) you took to manage/resolve the problem, and the ultimate result or outcome achieved.
– Include your name, title, and location.
– Include a digital picture of yourself.
Please submit a completed entry by email to email@example.com; include “Purch-lympics Entry” in the subject line. Entries must be received no later than Sunday, August 17, 2008 at 11:59PM EST. Entries are limited to one entry per individual.
So how do you win?
Five essays will be posted on the Next Level Purchasing Web site and linked from this blog on each of the following days: August 19, August 20, August 21, August 22, and August 25. Purchasers around the globe will be able to view the entries and vote*** for one essay each day which they feel had the best essay. Voting will be open each day from 8:00AM EST through 11:45PM EST. Please visit the Purchasing Certification Blog daily for Purch-lympic updates!
The winners from each semi-final round will then be posted Wednesday, August 27th 8:00AM EST through Thursday August 28th 11:45PM EST, for a final vote. The essay with the highest number of votes will be declared the winner of the Purch-lympics. The winners will be announced on Friday, August 29, 2008.
If you have any questions regarding the Purch-lympics contest, please contact Megan Tyrseck, Next Level Purchasing- External Relations Coordinator, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best of luck and let the games begin!
*If the “Gold Medal” winner is currently enrolled in the Senior Professional in Supply Management® Program or has already achieved the SPSM® Certification, he/she will receive $1,149USD in credits to be used towards additional courses from Next Level Purchasing.
**Next Level Purchasing reserves the right to increase the number of semi-finalists. If 30 or fewer responses are received, the first 25 entries received that meet the eligibility criteria will become semi-finalists. If over 30 entries are received, Next Level Purchasing reserves the right to review the entries and select the semi-finalists.
*** Voting is limited to 1 vote per individual per round. Security measures have been established to detect any attempt to defraud the voting system or to provide any contestant with an added advantage. Next Level Purchasing reserves the right to reduce the vote count or disqualify a contestant for suspicious activity.
To Your Career,
Charles Dominick, SPSM
President & Chief Procurement Officer
Next Level Purchasing, Inc.
Struggling To Have A Rewarding Purchasing Career?
Earn Your SPSM® Certification Online At