In organizations, there are some departments that just refuse to cooperate with Procurement. Some departments are harder to crack than others. And Marketing is perhaps the hardest.
Marketing departments are driven by creative thinkers. People who aren’t concerned with cost savings as much as they are concerned about ROI or, even moreso, enhancing the brand of the company. If you think that winning support from Marketing can be done the same way that you win support from Legal or Finance, you are going to have a hard time ever getting the opportunity to manage Marketing spend.
It takes a creative approach. So, the Next Level Purchasing Association (NLPA) has taken a creative approach to teaching you how to work with Marketing.
Today, we have launched a new online course that we’ve developed in partnership with SourceOne Management Services. SourceOne is a sourcing consultancy with deep expertise in many categories, including Marketing.
What we’ve put together for you is an online Express Course entitled “Adding Procurement Value To Marketing Spend,” available exclusively through the NLPA’s website. Through this course, you and/or your procurement team will learn:
- Why the Marketing environment is ripe for Strategic Sourcing
- 3 valuable processes that Strategic Sourcing can bring to Marketing
- Initial Marketing categories for Strategic Sourcing to consider addressing
- How Strategic Sourcing should establish a relationship with Marketing
- 5 phases of Strategic Sourcing for Marketing
- 5 best practices of Sourcing Marketing
- When it makes sense to collaborate with consultants when sourcing Marketing
To learn more about this online Express Course or to sign up, please visit http://nextlevelpurchasing.com/marketing-procurement.php.