This has been another tremendous year of growth here at Next Level Purchasing. We did a “year in review” meeting internally and I thought I would share some of the more salient highlights with you!
- We broke open the champagne at 9:00AM one morning as Next Level Purchasing reached a huge inception-to-date revenue milestone
- We launched the new online course “Basics of Smart International Procurement”
- We moved into our new headquarters
- I was named to Supply & Demand Chain Executive Magazine’s 2008 Pros To Know for the second consecutive year
- We implemented a new integrity standard with the SPSM® Exam
- We launched the SPSM® logo
- We posted a video success story from Erick Opdenbosch, SPSM who saved his company $2 million by applying what he learned from us
- We launched the online course “Executing A Global Sourcing Strategy
- We launched SPSM Groups on LinkedIn and Facebook. We are now up to nearly 400 members on LinkedIn and over 100 on Facebook.
- We reskinned our older classes and added photos to give them a more appealing, consistent look
- Next Level Purchasing was named to the Supply & Demand Chain Executive 100 for the second year in a row
- We held the Purch-lympics right here on this blog with G.P Thushara Sampath Gunasekara from Sri Lanka getting the most votes for his essay on increasing supplier competition.
- We upgraded our “Manager Check” module which allows our customers’ managers to better monitor the progress of their teams through our online purchasing training
- We started “Whitepaper Wednesday” on here on this blog
- We launched PurchSearch – a search engine designed specifically to help purchasing professionals conduct their research more quickly while accessing only high-quality content
- We completed our annual course review and implemented improvements to classes – many of which were suggested by students – which saw over 12% growth in the amount of content in the online classes “Mastering Purchasing Fundamentals” and “Microsoft Excel For Purchasing Professionals“
- We launched the Purchasing Certification Channel on YouTube
- We launched our super fun mid-term games in each of our online classes
- We launched our testimonial map, sharing the thoughts of our students from around the world
Other notable 2008 accomplishments:
- We’ve increased the number of certified SPSM’s by over 90% from the number at the beginning of the year. That’s almost double!
- Today we have certified SPSM’s in 40 countries, students enrolled in the Senior Professional in Supply Management® Program in over 80 countries, and customers in over 100 countries
So, despite the economic conditions, Next Level Purchasing has grown tremendously and brought a lot of innovation to the purchasing and supply management profession. And wait til you see what we have “up our sleeve” for 2009!
None of our success would be possible without the trust of our students and their employers. To them, I would like to extend a special “thank you” for believing that Next Level Purchasing could help them deliver better results.