One of the many, Many, MANY reasons I’ve been quiet on this blog lately is that we’ve been working very hard to finish up our latest purchasing course. And it is finally done and ready for you!
Moments ago, we just uploaded the Web page describing our new course “Expert Purchasing Management!” So you are the first to know…we won’t even be doing a press release for a few more days!
I’m so excited about it, I’ll paste the first few paragraphs of the description right here…
Are you a purchasing manager who worries about balancing the many demands of your leadership role? You’re not alone. Today’s companies are expecting more than ever from their purchasing managers. And today’s environment is confronting purchasing managers with more challenges than ever.
Between being accountable for measurable results, pleasing internal customers, and ensuring that your purchasing staff improves its productivity, you may feel it is impossible to do a good job. After all, it isn’t easy keeping up with evolving best practices, new technologies, and changing markets.
But fortunately, there is a way for you to learn how to meet and exceed today’s high standards for purchasing management excellence. Our highly personal and interactive online course “Expert Purchasing Management” will teach you everything you need to know to lead your purchasing department to new levels of success!
You will learn how to report purchasing performance metrics to senior management, plus…
- 4 things about the purchasing environment that you need to assess right away
- How to develop a purchasing customer service survey
- Tips for improving purchasing staff productivity
- The secrets for involving internal customers and establishing a successful Purchasing Advisory Board
- The most important things to consider when naming your purchasing department
- 5 common purchasing department structures and their advantages and disadvantages
- How to prioritize commodities that the purchasing department will source
- 4 indicators that you should look for to identify non-traditional areas for potential savings
- 3 different ways to assign buyer responsibilities
- The types of various purchasing profit center models and the dangers of choosing the wrong one
- How to staff your purchasing department with the right people
- How to create a Purchasing Dashboard
- How to set the perfect purchasing department goals
- How to develop purchasing policies and procedures
- How to establish a standard sourcing process
- Strategies for using templates to improve productivity and reduce problems
- Best practices for making recommendations to senior management
- 3 ways to reduce the tactical purchasing activity under your management
- 5 steps to take to ensure that you don’t do buyers’ work
- How to improve compliance with purchasing initiatives
- The essentials of launching a purchasing department Web site
- How to assess the available purchasing technology by watching video demonstrations of leading software from Ariba and Zycus
- 10 keys to eSourcing success
To be one of the first people to enroll in this class, go to http://www.NextLevelPurchasing.com/registration.html
Now, if I can get a few more of these gargantuan projects done, I’ll be back to my regular blogging pace soon. Thanks for your patience!