Wouldn’t it be nice if you could pick any supplier and that supplier would perform perfectly with as little work on your part as possible? While that would sound like a procurement professional’s dream come true, that scenario is far from reality. And the more suppliers that you are responsible for, the more likely you’ll find yourself dealing with suppliers that fail to perform to their potential.
Well, the truth is, outstanding supplier performance doesn’t have to be an unrealistic goal! You can master methods of working with your suppliers to get closer and closer to that goal. How? By taking the two-part online Express Course series the NLPA just released today, Supplier Development Program Basics.
You will learn:
- The characteristics of good and bad suppliers
- 4 options available when a supplier fails and doesn’t know how to fix its problems
- 4 supplier relationship management approaches and when to use them
- 6 steps of the supplier development process
- How to identify categories for supplier development
- What the Kraljik Matrix is and how to use it in your supplier development program
- Some project management techniques that you should apply in your supplier development program
- 9 supplier development techniques that work
- And more!
To learn how you and your organization can start reaping the benefits of a well-structured supplier development program, please visit
To Your Career,
Charles Dominick, SPSM, SPSM2
President & Chief Procurement Officer – Next Level Purchasing Association
Author – The Procurement Game Plan
Struggling To Have A Rewarding Purchasing Career?
Earn Your SPSM® Certification Online At