Welcome to another installment of Whitepaper Wednesday here on the Purchasing Certification Blog. Today, I’ll be reviewing a whitepaper entitled “Procurement Team Certification: 5 Benefits That Procurement Leaders Can’t Afford To Ignore” from Next Level Purchasing.
Procurement transformations are being done everywhere. New leaders are coming in, deciding that things need to change, and setting the wheels of procurement transformation in motion.
These procurement transformations are anything but simple. They often involve implementing new technologies, hiring people from the outside, and virtually starting from scratch in terms of setting goals and establishing KPI’s. In short, it takes many things to make a procurement transformation successful.
One of the components of procurement transformation with arguably the most potential for improving business results is procurement team certification – getting every member of the procurement team certified. However, with the veritable tornado of activity surrounding new technologies to be implemented, new processes to introduce, new people to hire, and new goals to set, not every procurement leader has enough time to explore the benefits of procurement team certification and, as a result, fail to ask themselves questions like:
- How will procurement team certification improve relationships with management and stakeholders?
- What is the financial payoff of procurement team certification?
- What changes in employee performance can result from procurement team certification?
- How will procurement team certification affect relationships with the supply base?
- What effect on the procurement leader’s brand will procurement team certification have?
This whitepaper goes into detail in answering all of these questions and more. It’s a straight-to-the-point guide for any procurement leader who needs to quickly understand what procurement team certification can bring to the table for a procurement transformation.
You can download your own copy of the whitepaper from the Next Level Purchasing website (registration required).