Here at Next Level Purchasing, we are planning for another huge year of growth in 2010. Part of accomplishing this growth will be creating more and more educational content for purchasing professionals.
To support this expansion of content, we are recruiting for our newly created Director of Education position. Here is the job description, with application instructions at the bottom…
The Director of Education position is a newly created position at Next Level Purchasing, expected to be filled in February or March of 2010 at the earliest. The Director of Education will be responsible for developing new educational content to serve Next Level Purchasing’s customers and students – purchasing and supply management professionals from throughout the world.
- Writing material for new online purchasing courses, newsletters, blog posts, podcasts, whitepapers, seminars, webinars, videos, and other publications and media
- Delivering webinars
- Answering student questions by email and video mail
- Engaging in social networking, including posting material on Twitter and answering questions on LinkedIn
- Reviewing and updating existing course material
- Identifying, recruiting, and interviewing guest experts for podcasts
- Contributing ideas at staff meetings
- Meeting revenue goals for newly created content
- Delivering seminars at various events and at client sites
- Sharing purchasing expertise with the company in order to strengthen Next Level Purchasing’s position as a leader in purchasing and supply management education
The ideal candidate will have:
- Five or more years of strategic purchasing experience, having reached at least the director or manager level at a large company (> $1 billion in annual revenue)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both formal and informal communications
- Excellent presentation skills
- Comfort with and an interest in using emerging technologies
- A passion for education
- Expertise in a broad range of purchasing activities, including inventory and supply chain management, technical sourcing projects including those involving close interfacing with other functions such as Engineering and Quality, and leading-edge procurement practices
- The ability to work successfully in a team environment
- SPSM® Certification preferred – will be required no later than 90 days after employment
The position is based in Next Level Purchasing’s offices near the Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania) International Airport and will involve some travel.
To apply, Send your resume, cover letter, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
To Your Career,
Charles Dominick, SPSM
President & Chief Procurement Officer
Next Level Purchasing, Inc.
Struggling To Have A Rewarding Purchasing Career?
Earn Your SPSM® Certification Online At