RFP Templates & Social Responsibility
PurchTips edition #81
What Is The Socially Responsible RFP?
Social Responsibility refers to a business' commitment to the preservation of society and the environment.
Because purchasing is responsible for many decisions that affect society and the environment, you have a key role in helping spread Social Responsibility (SR). Not only can you make your organization more socially responsible, but you can also compel other organizations (i.e., your suppliers) to be more socially responsible.
You can increase global SR by including SR among the other criteria used in selecting suppliers. Here are 12 questions you can include in your RFP templates to probe suppliers' commitment to SR.
- How does your organization support the communities in which it operates?
- How does your organization encourage its suppliers to support those communities?
- How much money does your organization spend annually with socially diverse suppliers?
- How does your organization promote diversity in its own employment practices?
- How does your organization encourage its suppliers to have a diverse workforce and supplier base?
- What does your organization do to make its operations more environmentally friendly?
- How does your organization encourage its suppliers to be more environmentally friendly?
- How does your organization monitor compliance with its ethics policy?
- How does your organization ensure that human rights are valued in its operations?
- How does your organization ensure that its suppliers value human rights?
- How does your organization ensure maximum safety in its working conditions?
- How does your organization ensure that its suppliers have safe working conditions?
Do You Want a More Rewarding Procurement Career?
Are you tired of not getting enough opportunities, respect, and money out of your procurement career? Well, guess what? Nothing will change unless you take action towards becoming a world-class procurement professional.
Earning your SPSM® Certification is the action to take if you want to bring the most modern procurement practices into your organization and achieve your career potential. Download the SPSM® Certification Guide today to learn how to get started on your journey to a more rewarding procurement career!
Need Better Performance From Your Procurement Team?
Are you a procurement leader whose team isn't achieving the results you know are possible? Maybe it's not enough cost savings. Or frustrating performance from the supply base. Or dissatisfied internal customers.
You need a performance improvement plan that's easy to implement and quick to produce results. The NLPA can help.
Download our whitepaper "The Procurement Leader's Guide To A More Successful Team." You'll learn the 7 steps for transforming your staff into a results-producing, world-class procurement team.
Are You Getting The Most Out of Your NLPA Membership?
Members of the NLPA get more than just articles like this by email. As a member, you also get access to:
- The Procurement Training & Certification Starter Kit
- The latest Purchasing & Supply Management Salaries Report
- Leading-Edge Supply Management™ magazine
- Members-only webinars 10x per year
- And more!
If you haven't been taking advantage of these benefits, why not log in and start now?
Copyright 2005. This article is the property of Next Level Purchasing and may not be copied or republished in any form without the express written consent of Next Level Purchasing.
Click here to request republishing permission.
By Charles Dominick, SPSM, SPSM2, SPSM3
This is the Web-based version of this article. Click here for the printer-friendly version.
Other Editions of PurchTips:
|« 80 The 21st Century Procurement Department||82 Contract Templates: False Sense Of Security? »|