Jobs for SPSM’s
Purchasing Jobs for SPSM-Certified Professionals
Employers are looking for candidates who can achieve results and SPSMs know exactly how to deliver those results! The purchasing jobs posted below have been submitted by the hiring company or recruiters looking for SPSM®-Certified individuals to add to their team. If you are interested in applying to any of these positions, please follow the instructions included in each job posting. It is your responsibility to do your due diligence on the hiring company.
CDPS Purchasing Agent | Colorado Department of Human Services | Lakewood, CO, USA | SPSM Certification preferred
Senior Manager, Strategic Sourcing – Technology | LinkedIn | Sunnyvale, CA, USA | SPSM Certification a plus
Director or Sr. Director, GMP Procurement | Incyte Corporation | Geneva, Switzerland| SPSM Certification preferred
MRO & Indirect Purchasing Manager | Simmons Foods, Inc | Siloam Springs, AR, USA | SPSM Certification must have or obtain w/in 3 mo.
Purchasing/Accounts Payable Coordinator | Mohawk Casino | Hogansburg, NY, USA | SPSM Certification preferred
Manager of Supply Chain | Chorius Executive Search | Abbotsford, BC, Canada| SPSM Certification highly desired
CDPS Purchasing Agent III | Colorado Department of Human Services | Lakewood, CO, USA | SPSM Certification preferred
Distribution & Procurement Manager | First Tech Federal Credit Union | Beaverton, OR, USA | SPSM Certification is preferred
Senior Buyer | Pittsburgh Glass Works | Pittsburgh, PA, USA | SPSM Certification nice to have
Salary: $85,000 – $100,000
Reporting to the Director of General Purchasing, The Sr Buyer position is responsible for procurement related activities of key commodities (IT Purchase, Direct Materials/ OEM, ARG Glass, and etc) and Plant support for outside suppliers associated with PGW’s Automotive Glass sites. A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or Computer Information Systems is required. A minimum of 3-4 years of purchasing or supply chain experience related to automotive is required, with experience related to energy, direct material or the automotive supply chain preferred. Strong IT Software / Hardware purchasing experience. SPSM Certification nice to have.
To Apply: Send your resume by email to email@example.com
Date Posted: October 28, 2016
CDPS Lead Purchasing Agent | Colorado Department of Human Services | Lakewood, CO, USA| SPSM Certification preferred
Contract Specialist | Software Company – Recruiter | Herndon, VA, USA | SPSM Certification desirable
Supply Chain Mgmt Specialist | Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation | Edison, NJ, USA | SPSM Certification extremely helpful
Global Contracts Manager – Strategic Sourcing | LinkedIn | Sunnyvale, CA, USA | SPSM Certification a plus
Supply Electric Contract Specialist | Pacific Gas & Electric – Rocklin, CA, USA | SPSM Certification desired
Contract Specialist – Mid Level | Knight Point Systems | Reston, VA, USA | SPSM Certification desirable
Performance Solutions Division (PSD) Global Procurement Leader | W. L. Gore & Associates | Elkton, MD, USA| SPSM Certification desired
Buyer/Subcontract Administrator | CALIBRE Systems, Inc. | Alexandria, VA, USA| SPSM Certification desirable
Procurement Support Consultant | United Nations Development Programme | Geneva, Switzerland| SPSM Certification positively considered
Purchasing Manager | County of Clay, Missouri | Liberty, MO, USA | SPSM Certification a plus
Salary: $54,262 – $65,000
The County of Clay, Missouri has an opening for a Purchasing Manager. The primary purpose of this position is to lead, plan, manage, and evaluate a comprehensive program designed to deliver efficiency while maximizing taxpayer dollars through public procurement. This position will create, implement, and continually evaluate long and short term purchasing delivery objectives and ensure compliance with legislative mandates and procurement policies and procedures. Progressively responsible experience in a purchasing function at a professional level will be considered in lieu of education beyond a high school diploma. SPSM Certification a plus.
Clay County offers a great benefit package to regular employees including two defined benefit retirement plans fully funded by the County and a deferred-compensation plan with a match on the first 6% contributed. We also offer three medical plans including a high deductible plan (premium paid in full by the County for full-time employees), dental, vision, two flexible spending accounts, and supplemental plans. Full-time employees are also offered life insurance (2X annual salary) paid by the County, paid vacation/sick leave, 13 paid holidays, LTD and tuition reimbursement.
To Apply: Resumes are not accepted in lieu of County Employment Application, but can be added. See full job description and County Employment Application on our website at www.claycountymo.gov/jobs/.
Date Posted: July 25, 2016
Director of Supply Chain | Chorius Executive Search – Recruiter | Langley, BC, Canada| SPSM Certification highly desired
Procurement Manager | Oxford Solutions – Recruiter | Mechanicsburg, PA, USA| SPSM Certification a plus
Procurement Director | College of William and Mary | Williamsburg, VA, USA| SPSM Certification a required qualification
Associate Strategic Sourcing Category Mgr | Ulta Salon – Boilingbrook, IL, USA| SPSM Certification a plus
Corporate Buyer, non-ferrous metals | Next Level Inc (Recruiter) – Concord, ON, Canada| SPSM Certification required
Supply Chain Specialist | Galderma Laboratories, LP | Fort Worth, TX, USA | SPSM Certification preferred
Associate Strategic Sourcing Category Manager | Ulta Salon | Bolingbrook, IL, USA | SPSM Certification a plus
System Director, Supply Chain Informatics and Systems | Aspirus | Wausau, WI, USA | SPSM Certification highly preferred
System Director, Strategic Sourcing, Purch and Value Analysis | Aspirus | Wausau, WI, USA | SPSM Certification highly preferred
Procurement Officer | Colorado Department of Personnel and Administration | Jefferson County, CO, USA | SPSM Certification preferred
Specialist, Print Procurement | Acosta Sales & Marketing | Norwalk, CT, USA | SPSM Certification a plus
Procurement & Supply Management Consultants | UNDP | Denmark | SPSM Certification positively considered
Director of Global Sourcing, Supply Chain | ExecuNet | Boston, MA, USA | Professional Certification in Procurement required: SPSM Certification preferred
Associate Director, Procurement | Incyte Corporation | Wilmington, DE, USA | SPSM Certification in Procurement preferred
Senior Manager, Strategic Sourcing – Professional Services | LinkedIn | Sunnyvale, CA, USA | SPSM Certification a plus
Sr. Buyer | Pittsburgh Glass Works | Pittsburgh, PA, USA | SPSM Certification preferred
The Sr Buyer position is responsible for procurement related activities of key commodities (IT Purchase, Direct Materials/ OEM, ARG Glass, and etc) and Plant support for outside suppliers associated with PGW’s Automotive Glass sites. The role’s principal accountabilities include:
- Bid, negotiate and source materials/services to achieve the best value proposition for PGW given Corporate cost reduction and working capital objectives.
- Manage commodities and develop a “Best in Class” supply base while consolidating supply base to optimal levels. Considering length of supply chain, lead-times, supplier financial strength, low cost acquisition while minimizing supply chain risks. Initial commodities may include energy, capital equipment, environmental with changes to commodity management over time that may include MRO, IT, packaging, automotive components.
- Execute all necessary agreement / purchase order activities (approving, releasing, modifying, etc.) to support dynamic sourcing assignment with global and regional suppliers to achieve optimum value for the Company.
- Work closely with cross-functional colleagues in Plant locations, Engineering, IT, Sales & Marketing, Accounts Payable, and Supply Chain to resolve discrepancies and develop and implement solutions that offer efficiency and productivity gains for the Company.
- Protect Company’s interest through effective supplier Agreement including payment term, working with appropriate Company legal and management resources.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Supply Chain is required; an MBA is an asset.
- SPSM Certification preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of purchasing or supply chain experience related to the automotive is required, with experience related to energy, direct material or the automotive supply chain preferred.
- Strong IT Software / Hardware purchase.
- Expert-level proficiency in Purchasing and Contract negotiations is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to summarize and communicate results clearly.
- Strong leadership, planning and organizational skills are required, • Strong business skills are expected, including the ability to negotiate, understand general accounting procedures and perform cost analyses.
- A solid track record of significant accomplishments demonstrating the ability to manage complexity, resolve conflict and act with a long-term perspective.
- Ability to lead and effectively participate in teams.
- Ability to work without close supervision
To Apply: Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: May 12, 2016
Senior Subcontract Administrator | CALIBRE Systems, Inc. | Alexandria, VA, USA | SPSM Certification desirable
Buyer – Purchasing | Cambro Manufacturing | Huntington Beach, CA, USA | SPSM Certification preferred
- Evaluate suppliers
- Attend meetings, trade shows, and conferences to learn about new industry trends
- Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other information
- Work out agreements with suppliers
- Evaluate and monitor contracts
- Bachelor’s Degree, Certification in Purchasing, Inventory Control, or Subcontracts Management through an accredited organization such as ISM, APICS, Next Level Purchasing, SPSM Certification preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
To Apply: your resume by email to email@example.com
Date Posted: May 4, 2016
Category Director, Sourcing – Professional Services | Staples | Framingham, MA, USA | SPSM Certification preferred
Intermediate Buyer – 6 Months Temporary | Gentherm Global Power Technologies – Calgary, AB, Canada | SPSM Certification an asset
Strategic Sourcing Manager | Premier, Inc. | Charlotte, NC, USA | SPSM Certification preferred
Hardware/Software Acquisition Specialist (FP/Senior) | Jacobs Technology | Reston, VA, USA | SPSM Certification desired
Senior Procurement Specialist | Terumo Medical Corporation | Somerset, NJ, USA | SPSM Certification a plus
Snr Project Procurement Professional | Name Withheld (Power/Gas Division) | Midrand, Guateng | SPSM Certification a plus
Category Manager | Name Withheld | Boston, Massachusetts, USA | SPSM Certification a plus
- Management of the US Software Category including new license purchases; contract negotiations; RFx; maintenance renewals, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Technical understanding of infrastructure technologies and associated services to include but not limited: Desktop / Laptop PCs; Wintel & Unix servers; Mainframe / Data Centre infrastructure; Storage arrays; Cloud computing.
- Minimum 7 years’ software purchasing experience including contract negotiation, vendor management, category management, RFx. Software experience is mandatory for this role.
- SPSM Certification a plus
To Apply: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: April 12, 2016
Sr. Sourcing Manager – Professional Services | Staples | Framingham, MA, USA | SPSM Certification preferred
Director of Global Sourcing, Supply Chain | Staples | Framingham, MA, USA | SPSM Certification preferred
Vice President, Supply Chain Optimization | ZAG Group Inc. | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Desired Competency-SPSM Certification
Vice President, Manufacturing | ZAG Group Inc. Vancouver, BC – Vancouver, BC, Canada | Desired Competency-SPSM Certification
Operations Manager | GEP | Neenah, Wisconsin, USA | SPSM Certification preferred
Operations Manager is accountable for team performance in a Procurement BPO outsourcing model.
- Identified as an expert across the entire P2P process
- Manages cross functional PO team
- Develops objectives, plans for team associates, track performance to annual goals
- Administers activities relative to Supplier Research, Auction Management, Bid management
- Works in conjunction with the program manager to ‘market’ services to the client
- Maintains thorough documentation of Spot Buying and Contract Management
- Train new team members on client specific processes
- Motivates team to exceed SLAs
- Strong strategic sourcing experience
- Client Management skills
- Handle escalations within the team and client side
- Knowledge of P2P end user functionality
- MBA (PF)
- Experience: 6-8 yrs. relevant purchasing, Supply chain or consulting experience
- Proficiency: RFP/eAuction
- SPSM Certification preferred
To Apply: Send your CV to Andrea.email@example.com
Date Posted: March 4, 2016
Senior Procurement Analyst | NYISO | Rensselaer, NY, USA | SPSM Certification preferred
Director of Supply Chain | Canadian Food Manufacturer & Distributor | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Desired Competency-SPSM Certification
Senior Global Supply Chain Planner | Name Withheld | Fort Worth, Texas, USA | SPSM Certification a plus
Salary: $70,000 – $90,000
Responsible for supporting enterprise-wide planning processes/systems including Demand Planning, Forecasting, Inventory Planning, and Supply-Chain Optimization.
- Formulating planning strategies and processes and implementing technologies to maximize success of a global supply-chain.
- Provides input and direction to resources for optimizing the planning function.
Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced knowledge of modern principles of Demand Planning, Forecasting, Materials Management, and Inventory planning.
- Proficiency in Supply-Chain Planning Systems required.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree required in Engineering/Supply Chain/Logistics/Business or other related field.
- Minimum 5 years in a planning role.
- SPSM Certification a plus
To Apply: Send your resume by email to: sudy@TheTalentRiver.com
Date Posted: December 15, 2015
Senior Purchasing Manager | Robert Half Management Resources | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Ideal candidate will have SPSM Certification
Contract Officer III, Service Agreements | Columbia University | New York, New York, USA | SPSM Certification a plus
Reporting to the Director, Service Agreements, the Contract Officer III is responsible for the review, negotiation and administration of some of the University’s most complex service contracts in order to meet the University’s business needs through third party agreements.
- Lead the review and negotiation-and in some cases, the development-of complex multi-party agreements in support of collaborations and joint ventures undertaken by the University.
- Incorporate new terms and conditions in University contracts to support evolving compliance requirements
- Identify and develop tools to work in conjunction with new terms and conditions to promote compliance
- Review and negotiate agreements covering global activity or activity in a specific country in support of a University program
- Identify opportunities for development of agreement templates for common agreement types and lead the development of those templates
- Negotiate agreements (i.e. terms, scope, service level agreements, etc.); assist and advise University departments in obtaining the best total value considering quality, service and cost on a timely basis
- Develop effective working relationships with suppliers in order to negotiate the best possible value, ensure the quality of services (and some goods) purchased, and fully meet the needs of end users.
- Responsible for the collection of documentation that provides compliance of University Purchase Order requirements and prepare for review by Procurement management.
- Track status of all agreements in process
- Ensure full compliance of all related transactions with University purchasing policies as well as federal and other applicable regulations
- Facilitate, review and track customer and/or supplier requests for modifications to University accepted standard terms and conditions
- Assist Director, Service Agreements in the on-going development and refinement of related materials supporting contracting process.
- Conduct education, communication and training activities to promote increased.
- Represent the Purchasing Department at customer and supplier meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of five years’ experience in a purchasing/contract management area, with a significant amount of that experience in technology related contracts, such as software, web services, data management and security required. Advanced degree preferred. SPSM Certification a plus
Experience with the development and review of varied contracts, agreements addressing global activity, and must have a general understanding of the laws, rules, and regulations related to UCC. Experience Oracle/PeopleSoft, preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to prepare reports, summaries and analyses and present findings and recommendations
- Experience with automated purchasing systems preferred
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational and problem solving skills, and have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to effectively manage high transaction volumes on an on-going basis
- Must be a self-starter and capable of operating with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including active listening skills, plus the ability to work closely and effectively with a diverse group
- Must be able to negotiate issues and resolve problems
Must have a passion for excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional quality.
To Apply: To be considered an applicant, all interested parties MUST apply through the Columbia University online employment application system at: jobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=150480
Date Posted: August 31, 2015