2189 student reviews
Competency: Purchasing Best Practices
Wouldn't it be great if you could implement the purchasing best practices that are used by the world's top corporations? Do you think it is impossible because your existing staff is so busy and you don't have the budget to hire an expensive consulting firm? Think again!
You can introduce purchasing best practices into your organization easily, without outside help, if you have the right guidance. Our highly personal and interactive online class "14 Purchasing Best Practices" makes it realistic for you to quickly and significantly improve your performance and the performance of your purchasing department. You'll become a respected purchasing leader by following this class' step-by-step instructions, examples, and exercises, as well as the 39-page Sample, Tool, and Template Pack which is included with your registration. Get ready to deliver world-class purchasing results!
You will learn:
- How to strategically measure purchasing performance
- How to improve your spend management by implementing a buying plan
- How to select the best suppliers by using cross-functional commodity teams, scorecards, and total cost of ownership analysis
- How to improve vendor performance through a supplier performance management program
- How to optimize supplier relationships
- How to improve risk management
- How to map and improve processes
- How to leverage technology such as eProcurement and Internet Reverse Auctions
- How to conduct benchmarking
- How to achieve efficiency through the systemization of purchasing operations
- How to utilize a strategic plan
How this online course works
- You can start this on-demand course any time after you enroll; there's no pre-scheduled start date!
- You progress through the course at your own pace, accessing easy-to-understand reading material, exciting exercises, optional multimedia, quizzes, and even a fun mid-term game!
- You will have access to a friendly, expert instructor for any questions you may have!
- You will learn best practices and processes designed so that you can apply your new skills in the real world!
To learn more about how full-length online procurement courses
from the Next Level Purchasing Association work, click on the short video below.
What are others saying about this course?
"After signing up for the Senior Professional in Supply
Management® Program, we formed a commodity team following the instructions in 14 Purchasing Best Practices. This commodity team has now ensured that our procurement and supply management plan for Anti-Retroviral and Anti-Malarial Medicines produces savings as well as quality medicines. We have been able to source for products internationally at much reduced prices as compared to earlier purchases. For example, we recently sourced 550,000 USD worth of Anti-Malarials against a forecast of 750,000 USD for that same quantity where the forecast was based on previous pricing. These results have made it easy to justify the investment in my education with Next Level Purchasing."
Patrick W. Githendu, B. Pharm, MBA, SPSM
Namibia Global Fund Programme
Ready to enroll?
Enroll in just this course
Enroll in the Senior Professional in Supply Management® Program
|If you want to learn the same purchasing best practices that the top procurement professionals use, then enroll in "14 Purchasing Best Practices".
||The course "14 Purchasing Best Practices" is one of the six online courses that count towards SPSM® Certification. Thinking about pursuing your certification? Then, now might be the time to enroll in the Senior Professional in Supply Management® Program, which gives you all you need to become certified, including "14 Purchasing Best Practices."
|Bonuses for enrolling by deadline below:
||Bonuses for enrolling by deadline below:
|Length of course: 6-8 hours
||Length of program: 44-48 hours (on average)
|Duration of access to course: 60 days
||Duration of access to program: 1 year
|Course start date: Access begins as soon as you enroll
||Program start date: Access begins as soon as you enroll
The deadline for the pricing and bonuses listed above is February 29, 2016.
Interested, but have a few questions?
For immediate assistance, call our office at +1 (412) 294-1990 and speak with a member of the NLPA Team,
Monday through Friday from 8AM to 5PM Eastern US Time.
Click on the button below to submit your questions electronically and a member of the NLPA team will
contact you within one business day.