2311 student reviews
Have your suppliers figured out how to neutralize your procurement negotiation strategies? Most savvy sellers go through negotiation training at least yearly. Unless you've been just as diligent at improving your procurement negotiation skills, your chances of getting the best deals from your suppliers are very slim.
Unfortunately, many procurement professionals feel that their past negotiation experience will serve them well today. Guess what? Sellers have figured out how to thwart yesterday's procurement negotiation tactics. And much has changed. Supplier-friendly win-win negotiation is the new standard. You have less preparation time than ever. You may even get lured into using the convenient, but often ineffective, method of negotiating by email. If it seems like you're at a disadvantage, you are!
But you can quickly get the modern procurement negotiation strategies and skills you need
to get the best deals in today's environment. Our
highly personal and interactive online course
"Powerful Negotiation For Successful Buying" will teach you the latest and greatest procurement negotiation
strategies so that even the most savvy sellers will give you the best deals possible.
You will learn:
- The 10 essential steps of preparing for a negotiation
- 7 strategies on which to base a negotiation
- How to prevent the disasters common to team negotiations
- The unique things to consider in international negotiations
- When negotiating by email is smart and when it is the most foolish thing
a procurement professional can do
- How to persuade a sole source supplier
- The Negotiation Secret Suppliers Don't Want You To Know
- The persuasive concept that great marketers and salespeople use, but
procurement professionals don't use often enough
- The 1 negotiation technique that is difficult for even the best sales negotiators to overcome
- Exactly what to say in 18 common negotiation situations
- 4 common supplier tactics and how to neutralize them
- 7 mistakes most procurement professionals don't realize that they make and how to avoid them
- How to close a negotiation with big results using respectful pressure
- 6 ways to continually improve your negotiating abilities
How this online course works
- You can start this on-demand course any time after you enroll; there's no pre-scheduled start date!
- You progress through the course at your own pace, accessing easy-to-understand reading material, exciting exercises, optional multimedia, quizzes, and even a fun mid-term game!
- You will have access to a friendly, expert instructor for any questions you may have!
- You will learn best practices and processes designed so that you can apply your new skills in the real world!
To learn more about how full-length online procurement courses
from the Next Level Purchasing Association work, click on the short video below.
What are others saying about this course?
"Powerful Negotiation for Successful Buying was not only one my favorite,
but one of the most beneficial Next Level Purchasing Association classes for me personally. It not only
provides you with real life examples of negotiation do's and dont's, but it also provides you with actual
conversation guides, to walk you through how to word your negotiation statement/questions, and how to
counter to your supplier's responses.
I manage a team of 30 individuals and have actually taken what I learned from this class and made my own
Quick Reference Card utilizing these tips and tricks to assist them in their negotiations, and it has
shown to increase their success in negotiations significantly!"
Procurement Operations Team Lead
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Ready to enroll?
Enroll in just this course
Enroll in the Senior Professional in Supply Management® Program
|If you want master modern procurement negotiation strategies so you can get the best deals possible, then enroll in "Powerful Negotiation for Successful Buying".
||The course "Powerful Negotiation for Successful Buying" is one of the six online courses that count towards SPSM® Certification. Thinking about pursuing your certification? Then, now might be the time to enroll in the Senior Professional in Supply Management® Program, which gives you all you need to become certified, including "Powerful Negotiation for Successful Buying."
|Bonuses for enrolling by deadline below:
||Bonuses for enrolling by deadline below:
|Length of course: 6-8 hours
||Length of program: 44-48 hours (on average)
|Duration of access to course: 60 days
||Duration of access to program: 1 year
|Course start date: Access begins as soon as you enroll
||Program start date: Access begins as soon as you enroll
The deadline for the pricing and bonuses listed above is August 31, 2015.
Interested, but need some more information?
Download a free copy of the NLPA Course Catalog. Fill out the form below and a copy will be sent
to the email address you provide.