A 20-Point Proposal Evaluation Checklist
PurchTips - Edition # 205
By Charles Dominick, SPSM
What Does A Compliant Proposal Look Like?
Proposals can contain a lot of information and are the basis on which procurement decisions are made. So you must evaluate them carefully for compliance with your requirements. Use the following checklist to simplify your proposal evaluations and ensure that a supplier is worthy of being considered.
Did the supplier:
- Submit its proposal on time?
- Confirm its ability to comply with the specification or provide an acceptable specification?
- Answer all required questions?
- Provide pricing in the proper currency and unit of measure?
- Refrain from charging "over-and-above" fees?
- Confirm its ability to provide the required quantity?
- Confirm its ability to deliver to, or perform at, the desired location(s)?
- Confirm its acceptance of the specified payment terms or propose acceptable payment terms?
- Confirm its ability to comply with the specified freight terms or propose acceptable freight terms?
- Confirm its ability to comply with the specified delivery/performance dates or lead time or propose acceptable delivery/performance dates or lead time?
- Confirm its ability to comply with the specified warranty or propose an acceptable warranty?
- Refrain from taking exception to your contract terms?
- Provide financial statements?
- Provide a cost breakdown?
- Offer value creating or cost saving ideas?
- Comply with proposal expiration date requirements?
- Provide the information necessary to be set up in the purchasing system?
- Provide evidence of any required certifications?
- Provide any required samples?
- Demonstrate that it has the capacity to handle the additional work if awarded your business?
(keep reading for a FREE Offer)
Spotlight On Professional Development Opportunities
Are you tired of not getting enough opportunities, respect, and money out of your purchasing career? Well, guess what? Nothing will change unless you take action towards becoming a world-class purchasing professional.
You see, today's employers refuse to reward employees for yesterday's skills. They demand that purchasing professionals like you use the most modern skills and achieve unprecedented results. They want you to save more money, achieve better operational performance, and reduce risk.
Earning your SPSM® Certification by completing the Senior Professional in Supply Management® Program is the action to take if you want to bring the most modern purchasing practices into your organization and achieve your career potential. Learn how to earn your SPSM® Certification (and perhaps get an iPod) at:
The Latest Purchasing News
- Purchasing Managers/Directors: Are you struggling to develop a plan for improving your team's performance? If so, visit: www.NextLevelPurchasing.com/benchmark
- Discuss today's topic on our LinkedIn SPSM Group! Visit www.tinyurl.com/7lmbzy
- Not a member of the LinkedIn SPSM Group? Learn how to join at: www.tinyurl.com/8tgfnd
- Considering a career move? Browse jobs preferring candidates with the SPSM® Certification at:
Underpaid? Not sure? Get our report entitled "The Guide To Benchmarking Your Purchasing Salary" to find out right now!
Copyright 2009. This article is the property of Next Level Purchasing and may not be copied or republished in any form without the express written consent of Next Level Purchasing. Click here to request republishing permission.